How long was your labor?

My first lasted 29 hours, second was 18 hours, and third was 26. I have very long labors, but I'm sure not the longest. How long were you in labor?

rAbella

Asked by rAbella at 11:54 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Around 70 hours (I think it was like 68.5) from my first few contractions until delivery.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:00 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I was in labor for about 24 hours, and after two hours of pushing I ended up with a c-section. She told me later that his head was tilted back and to the side a little instead of tucked forward like it's supposed to be, so even though they could see him (and his full head of hair), he just didn't progress anymore no matter how long I was pushing (I assume my bone structure may have been part of the problem too). I was really hoping for a natural birth and was really disappointed to get so close and then have to have surgery, but I was grateful he was healthy and born safely somehow.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 12:06 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• 30 hours with my only child.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 11:56 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Oh My Goodness. And I was whining about 10 hours. I couldn't imagine.
    AshellG27

Answer by AshellG27 at 11:56 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• 12 hrs then I had a C-section!
    tripletmom28

Answer by tripletmom28 at 11:56 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• 29 1/2 hours with my first. Second and third were shorter and shorter.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 11:56 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Altogether about 12 hours but I was asleep for 7 of it.
    Anonymous

• It was only 11 hours..
    tere1986

Answer by tere1986 at 12:01 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• My first was 18 hours of torture. Lol. Pitocin was started right away and for thirteen hours my pit was at the highest dose and I had no pain meds. Finally got an epi and went from 3-10 in four hours. Two pushes and he was born. It was 18 hours total.

2nd labor was 9 hours. Went in because I was leaking fluid, so they turned on the pit. Had an epi, then it was time to push and the epi had worn off. I know why they call it the ring of fire. Lol.

My 3rd was an emergency c-section. Went into the hospital at 7:00PM and they hooked me up to pitocin and we were waiting to see if it would help. They turned the pit up and her heart rate dropped quite low. Once it was determined the pit was causing the drops and her heart rate stayed low we started prepping for and emergency csection. They knocked me out and I had a baby. She was born at 12:32AM.

NickLukeandEmma

Answer by NickLukeandEmma at 12:08 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• My first was 24 hours and they lost my heart beat for awhile...scary stuff....second was only 8 and it was so great I ate a big montana from arbys about an hour after!:)
    CandiceKat

Answer by CandiceKat at 12:11 AM on Mar. 2, 2011