Uhh!!

So i was planning to have my wedding May 7th well my mom tells me today that they scheduled my sisters surgery May4th!! which means I probably won't be able to have it on that day!! This wouldn't be so bad but I have to change almost all my most important plans for her kids!! Im sorry if that sounds selfish but Im just frustrated I had my heart Set on that date!! Do you all think im sounding selfish. By the way my mom got to choose the date of her surgery!! and she chose that one!! Uhh i sound like a horrible person.. :(

JordonMichelle

Asked by JordonMichelle at 12:03 AM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• i was recently told to stop planning my life around others, live your life. if its important to her she will change the day of the surgery. Im sure many others will attend.
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 12:05 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• No, I would ask her to change it to a different date maybe April!
    tripletmom28

Answer by tripletmom28 at 12:05 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I don't think you're being selfish. Not only was it a little disrespectful for your mom to CHOOSE that date when she knew you planned your WEDDING a few days later, but even if she hadn't it's only human nature to be upset about it. But I agree with Danika, don't plan your life around other people's schedule, especially a day that is supposed to be all about you. Tell your mom your getting married on May 7th and it will suck if your sister can't be there. Maybe she'll rethink and reschedule the surgery.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I can't just not have my mom there.. Shes the only one i have my real dad walked out on me when i was four and my adoptive dad commited suicide when i was 14. shes the only one who hasn't walked out but she hasn't been fair either.. and she won't change it to april because her daughter whom is getting the surgery's birthday is in april and my daughters birthday is in april.. Uhh im so frustrated and im afraid to talk to her about for fear it will start yet ANOTHER fight between me and her..
    JordonMichelle

Comment by JordonMichelle (original poster) at 12:08 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I dont think it was very nice of your mom to schedule it so close however it is more important and you can get married in May still right??? You'll survive girl! Good luck!
    CandiceKat

Answer by CandiceKat at 12:10 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I hope i can still have my wedding in may. Im gonna try and talk to her about it when i know a fight won't come out of it.
    JordonMichelle

Comment by JordonMichelle (original poster) at 12:12 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• It sounds that your sister is the one who scheduled her surgery for that day. That's two months from now. She could change it for the following week (not to sound selfish, but if it is two months away, it must not be that serious), what's one more week. To me it sounds like your sister wants all eyes on her. How long have you had this date set?
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:39 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• My sister is 7 and has no say in the matter.. and I know it is pretty serious she's got a chronic illness but appearently not serious enough to have it done ASAP. and ive had it set since before me and him were engaged.
    JordonMichelle

Comment by JordonMichelle (original poster) at 12:41 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I understand why, that was the day you had planned for how long, even if they think you are being selfish i think you have a little bit of a right here.
    What is the surgery for? i would talk to your Mom and see if she can change it to a few weeks earlier. or even right after your wedding.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 7:03 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Is it an important surgery, or something that could wait ?

If it's a routine stuff, your mom seems to sabotage your marriage.
    If it's an urgent, life-threatening operation, then let them arrange it, but don't rearrange the wedding.
    We have to wait for 1 year to get married, and I wouldn't change the date for anything trivial.
    lillyblue111

Answer by lillyblue111 at 10:18 AM on Mar. 4, 2011