Ok Ladies...I will admit it even though its embarrassing.....

I have gum disease. I know Ive had it for awhile but I was just diagnosed. They are telling me I have to have all this deep painful expensive root cleaning and scaling procedures and they have prescribed me a mouthwash I have been using. The worst of the pain went away however my gums are starting to flare up and ache and my teeth hurt some. I did research and found a product called OraMD and it has no bad reviews so I ordered it from earthturns.com. Has anyone tried this? If so what happened? Good? Bad?

CandiceKat

Asked by CandiceKat at 12:08 AM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Health

• i haven't tried oraMD but i also have gum disease. it's not all that embarrassing. i'm making up for 25 years of no dental insurance and no dental care. my teeth are in good health but i've been working with my dentist for a few years now to make things right all around. if you haven't already, ask your dentist about a sonicare brush. it has improved my gum health drastically, even from my first visit after i started using it and moreso every subsequent visit. good luck with your treatment plan. remember, dental health and gum disease are tied to heart disease in women. healthy mouth = healthy mom.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 12:13 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I have had the scaling and it was not painful. Why do you say embarassing? Expensive yes. You can negotiate with some dentists. You might find a university that has discounted fees and use dental studnets with the supervision of their professionals.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 12:25 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Its somewhat embarrassing to me but now that I have told my friends and you ladies on cafe mom I feel better about it. I am in the process of trying Ora Md now. Its day two and I must say that my gums feel great. The swelling went down even.
    CandiceKat

Comment by CandiceKat (original poster) at 5:23 PM on Mar. 5, 2011