Please let me know If I am wrong and BUMP IT :-D

I called my ex last week to talk about child support so that when we went in yesterday we would be on the same page. I asked him for 550 a month and he completely shot me down, I am already getting 400 from him but he will be making 19 an hour in a year, (he just started this job and starting rate is 15, so he will be getting a raise fairly often). We agreed to let them do the numbers and see what it says. The numbers came out to 473 a month. He also said that he did not want to help with child care on top of child support ( which are two different things but are combined at the conference). I let him claim our daughter because he was 5000 behind in child support with me and his ex and I didnt have any income ( but my mom could have claimed us both and I would have recieved that money plus what he owes in arrears, I just would have waited for him to make the weekly payments) I Did it to help him get caught up and out of debt. The full amount wasnt put on his arrears and he lied to me about it, he got 2400 back and kept it for himself even thought that money should have been mine and his ex's. And he sat in the conference and told me he would quit his job if i took him to court for the extra 75 dollars a month. Now on facebook, yes good old facebook, his friends are bashing me saying that I am a little girl, obviously because iwant him to provide more for our daughter. He said that he is basically providing everything for her because I am not working right now due to just graduating school last week, however when they did the support order they did put me at an earning capacity of 9.50 and hour ( thats alot more than minimum wage too).... I am furious, how do i get him to see that he is wrong in this situation and to stop bashing me to all his friends?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• He does it because it gets to you. This is not about you and not about him. It is about your daughter. Let the state take care of it. They will go ofter it. Do not stress yourself.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 12:19 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I don't know what state you are in, but here in NC, they take the amount owed to Child Support out of the state taxes. Then it is usually sent to the parent that is owed back child support. Child support can have it set up this way, I think. They can also garnish his wages if necessary. See what the rules are in your state.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:24 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• First off take him to court who cares if he gets mad and quites his job sooner or later he will end up loosing is drivers license or go to jail for back child support so let him quite his job.
    And don't worry what his friends are saying about you friends come and go and tomorrow you will be back page news they are bashing you because you are mad and they are trying to help him to get you to stop raising the child support. As for the tax's dont let him claim her again let your parents or you he is a lier and cheat....but he wil get his in the end they all do. BUT really go to court and do it all legal.
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 2:01 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• He will never see that he is wrong . He is bashing you to take the focus off of himself. He doesn't want his friends to turn on him is why he is doing it. Sorry but that is the way men are.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 5:22 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Do you meet $400 dollars a month for childsupport. Child support is half him and half you. So if he is responsible for $400 then you are responsible for $400... if you can't raise a child with $800 dollars a month, that is insane!!!!! You are going to push him to not have a job, and you will not get a dime. Be thankful for what you get... or look at other women in the same situation who get NOTHING! I cant stand greedy people. You would seriously take him to court for $75 dollars a month more?? Are YOU living off the child support too? You sound like my step childs mother...
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 4:34 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• You are very young, and he should know this when he made love to you, when he got you pregnant.
    Life is tough, and only the stong survives. Waiting for Child Support, and waiting to receive his money
    is not good for you in the long ran. Do your best to graduate and get a job.

You need to stand on your own two feet.
    lillyblue111

Answer by lillyblue111 at 10:12 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• LOL i'm very young? I have been supporting this little girl for 9 months on my own, as stated, I just graduated and have interviews lines up. This isnt about what I provide for her because i've provided EVERYTHING in the last 9 months along with the gas so he can see her every two weeks, diapers and food as well to go to his house. ill just brush off the last two comments
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:56 PM on Mar. 7, 2011