Help me out here?

Hey there! So I had my precious daughter 9 mos ago and im still not where I would like to be body wise. Im a stay at home mommy and dont have the $ for a gym membership, and sometimes feel silly doing the wrkout vids. Anyone have any advice to drop some pounds and tone up?

IzysMomma

Asked by IzysMomma at 12:22 AM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• This is going to sound silly but, if you have big cans you can workout with them as weights!! lol
    Drink a lot of water it helps you lose weight!
    tripletmom28

Answer by tripletmom28 at 12:24 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I hear you! I have a six month old and I still am not where I would like to be at. For loose extra skin that takes time, nothing else will make that vanish. For dropping weight just eat clean. Eat more of your favorite fruits and veggies plus a lot of water. Skip fastfood. For exercising I like core work outs. Push ups, sit up and squats. I do 3 sets of 15 every day.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 12:26 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Take it easy. Make a mood to start doing some light exercises with a diet plan... Soon you'll find a difference in your body...
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 12:32 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Slim in 6 is a great workout program. I like that the program uses resistance bands because I don't have to worry about bulking up. I've only been using it for a week and I'm already seeing results. If you have any questions about the program don't hesitate to contact me.
    KristyB

Answer by KristyB at 1:05 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Pack little one in the stroller and start going for walks.
    whoreallycares

Answer by whoreallycares at 2:07 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I have a ten month old. She is about a 20 pound weight! I use her for squats and haha bonding time. And we dance...Don't try holding your baby while walking uphill though...Whew. almost went to heaven. Drink a bottle of water every time you get hungry. Drink a bottle of water before you eat. It will make you full faster. When you eat, portion your food and chew slowly. I lost 15 pounds and counting that way.
    AlyssaM0mmy

Answer by AlyssaM0mmy at 5:13 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Water, water, water. No pop, nothing high in sodium (it will cause you to retain water), and I just got Turbo jam off of ebay for cheap. 20 min work out vid is awesome and is really helping me drop some weight I've gained.
    AequitasVeritas

Answer by AequitasVeritas at 10:45 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Eating clean is a fantastic way to help, I agree about that one!  I've lost 50 lbs so far eating clean!  Here's my journal with clean eating basics.  It's all about eliminating processed foods and refined grains and sugars, eating small frequent meals (every 2 1/2 to 3 hours), and making healthy choices in general.  I eat clean, and I started running, and it's really made a huge difference for me.  Start with some brisk walking, buy some hand weights you can use at home, and start lifting weights (you really don't have to worry about bulking up- we aren't built for that as women.  The women who bulk up work VERY hard at it, as in HOURS every day of lifting weights.  So don't fret about that.

musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:28 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Yoga and pilates are great for toning and getting back in shape.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:19 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• even if you feel silly you should try it. do while the little one naps!
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 2:57 PM on Mar. 3, 2011