How can I get my 5 month old to sleep through the night again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Babies go through stages...growth spurts, etc...my daugher actually slept better at 5 months than she did at a year...she might be hungry due to a growth spurt. Nurse/feed her back to sleep. it's normal for a baby that age to wake. and remember, 5 hours IS through the night for a little one. it might not be the time you like, but it's the time they pick:)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:55 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Do you have a routine? If you get a routine that signifies time for bed, rather than just a nap, baby might sleep longer.......so, for us, we read her a story, brush her 3 little teeth with a finger brush and say gnight, love you, we'll see you in the a.m. She goes to sleep for the whole night - from 7am - 7pm. Hope this helps - :)
    Peggs11

Answer by Peggs11 at 8:32 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• GL- My 5 month old has never slept thru the night
    carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 10:16 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Keep a routine. Don't change what you were doing before.

Babies do normally change what they do. Nothing is wrong.. it's merely aggravating!

Answer by gdiamante at 12:25 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I have found that babies sometimes do really well going back to swaddling around this age, even though they gave it up months ago.... its worth a try!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 5:58 PM on Mar. 2, 2011