Unresponsive Boyfriend

I'm 16 weeks pregnant. My moods are up and down. My emotions are never stable. I'm extremely irritable. Yet he seems to say things that he knows will upset me. He also made a promise to me that he will stop playing his stupid video games becuse they get in the way of our relationship... But when I'm mad at him his promises mean nothing and he goes right back to playing the game. We communication issues which is why I can't talk to him about the problems in our relationship because it turns into an argument and he throws it back at my face. This time I just had it.... I'm ignoring him completely now. I haven't been talking to him, Answering his texts or anything. I left him note stating if he wants to do whatever he wants to do then he can do it... He just can't expect to care about anything he tells me anymore. Am I Wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• no you are not wrong im kinda going thru the same thing right now im a couple weeks pregnant and my moods are crazy me and my boyfriend are always arguing nd he always breaks his promises wen hes mad so i told him its best we just take a break so he moved bak home he accepted the fact that he did wrong
    emmy23404

Answer by emmy23404 at 12:44 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I think you need to talk regarding all this... Give your best...
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 12:46 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• @Emmy: I'm not sure if I should just break it off with him for a while.... Or just continue ignoring him while we still keep the title of "Boyfriend and girlfriend" .... (Sigh)... boys...

@AnuMeha: It's hard to talk to him when he acts like he doesn't care about anything I'm saying or even considers my feelings.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:50 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• ok..what you need to do is let him cry and play his damn video games and stay healthy for you and YOUR baby...he sounds VERY immature and may be in denial. He definitely doesn't sound like he's ready to have a family. with that being said, keep ignoring him...some guys you will just never get through to. let him be..he will come around and if not, then take care of what's important...you and your little precious baby. good luck!! ((hugs)))
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:00 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• @Calliesmommie: Thanks hon. Finally someone who understands me. =]
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:12 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• i wasnt sure if i should break it off with mine either but i did cuz thats what i thought was best for us just so we wont argue so much were just taking a break hoping things will be better soon
    emmy23404

Answer by emmy23404 at 1:13 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Don't make any HUGE decision based on your pregnancy horomones.
    You may find that your feelings are WAY more managable after the baby is born.
    Try writing down how you feel and have him read it...since men are more "visual"
    creatures than women are.
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 1:57 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• You should think of yourself and your baby, maybe it would be best if you did seperate for a little while. He is having a hard time handling this thing of your being pregnant. Your mood swings just might be scaring the crap out of him and the only way that he knows how to handle them is to detach from them and to just fade into the game and hope that they will go away, and you will be yourself .
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 5:08 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Your extreme irritability could cause you to miscarry, you need to calm down.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 5:11 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• 1. CALM DOWN. Your hormones drive you crazy, so you need to tell yourself that things are not that bad.
    2. Playing Video Games is not the end of the world, it's not that bad ! At least he's at home with you, not partying with the buddies !!!
    3. He feels pressed - you both sound too young, so he also needs your support, believe it or not !
    4. You were his lover, his little girl, and now your baby + hormones make him feel neglected. He's lonely - Missing YOU !
    5. PLEASE try to be sweeter and more tolerant / understanding with him. He feels accused all the time.

Good luck, I'm running late on my period. God, I WISH I WERE IN YOUR POSITION !
    lillyblue111

Answer by lillyblue111 at 9:56 AM on Mar. 4, 2011