What can happen if my water breaks and i dont go to the doctor?

I am not sure if it was my water or not! I live far from the hospital and dont want to make the trip if it is just a false alarm! It was just one small gush yesterday and one small gush today. What can happen to me or my baby if I wait to go to the doctor untill thursday.(which is my normal dr app)
ps i am only 33 weeks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• your baby can get an infection
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 12:41 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Gal you need to consult your gynaecologist. That's a must...
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 12:41 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• well u could get an infection that could put your and the baby's health in danger. It's better to be safe than sorry
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 12:41 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• you can have a baby without medical assistance. people have done it for thousands of years.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 12:43 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• It sounds like you may be leaking fluids. You can give the baby an infection that could kill it if you don't get it taken care of. I would call your doctor ASAP.
    NickLukeandEmma

Answer by NickLukeandEmma at 12:43 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• wow ok well i was wrong. you will die. *peer pressure*
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 12:47 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• aside from the infection..you only have a certain amount of time in which you can safely deliver after your water does break. I wouldn't ignore it.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:48 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Mellypoo... She is only 33 weeks. It is not safe to wait until you go to the doctor. Call the doctors office and talk to the doctor on call for tonight. Please don't wait, better to be safe than sorry.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:48 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Infection but thats not for a while when did this happen and are u habing any pains? I tgouggt my water was broken and I just leaked urine. Wait and see what happens but call ur dr in the am
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:28 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• It sounds like either urine or heavy discharge, both of which are normal at this stage. How much fluid came out with these gushes? Would it overflow a maxi pad? I had a "small" leak, and every time I would stand upmafter sitting for 30 minutes, I would have to change my pad and my underwear! The peace of mind of calling hour doc may be worth it, since you're only 33 weeks, and it's not very safe to deliver this early. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:47 AM on Mar. 2, 2011