How do you....

walk away from something that is... when its bad its really bad, when its good its usually actually just mediocre (sp), and when its great it only last for a small amount of time. I love him, but I dont know if i want to deal with this, and I know i shouldnt settle. How do I walk away, Ive tried and failed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• Do you really love him or is it you have been trying to adjust for the sake of it? Does he adjust or feels the adjustment has to be done only by you? If the answers belong to the second halves of the questions then you need to move....
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 12:50 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• wow defently a good question cause im in the same boat...i love him..my son knows him ALOT better than his own dad. my boyfriends seen my son grow up and been to all his bdays and holidays the baby daddy hasnt. and when we fight its horrible but when we are a happy couple we are VERY happy but it only last for that day or until are next fight about nothingness. so good luck and hopefully me and you can find some answers.
    shellychivell

Answer by shellychivell at 12:50 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• you turn your back and don't look back...period. if you know in you're heart, it's not what you want (and it doesn't sound like it's what you want) then you need to do it sooner than later. The longer you wait the harder it is...you don't want to regret something the rest of your life. You can love someone but not be happy. You deserve to be happy and that's that.

You too shellychivell :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:52 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• By your own definition this relationship is good about 20% of the time.
    Mediocre for the majority of the time and terribly bad during the rest.
    You need to make a clean break of him because it's not going to get any better..and it's going to affect your kid(s).
    It's hard but you can do it!
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 1:48 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Your not tired because if you were, you would of left by now. You know how much you want to put up with and if the relationship is rocky then one of you needs to make the first move or your will be both living very unhappy lives and life is to short for misery....
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 1:54 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Some times it takes a lot of trys to get the strength up to make it stick. It also might take a lot of trys to help you to make the decision that you know in your heart that you need to make. Don't just settle, life is to short You deserve to be happy so you need to make you decision and then go for it. It won't be easy. Remember if you stay in a bad relationship it will affect you physically. You will get sick. It takes two to make a relationship work, no matter what kind of relationship it is, if both parties aren't on the same page then it is time to turn the page and start a new chapter. I know that it is easier said than done, but it can be done. I have done it. Good Luck to You.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 4:56 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• For some women it takes ten trys to actually leave and stay gone, for others it only takes one or two trys. It took me at least ten, because I thought every time that I left that he learned his lesson.That wasn't true, he just kept getting worse,because he knew that I was getting stronger, and that it wouldn't be long that I would stay gone. The last time that I left he was threatening my life, he would tell me everyday
    that he could kill me at least a thousand different ways and get away with it. I got so scared that I left and I was to afraid to go back I wasn't ready to die. I had my children to think of, what would they do if I were to die?
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 5:01 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• you have to go with your gut insticts and leave and stay gone if that is what is best for you

Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:49 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• If its over its simply over. You don't sound happy in this relationship and unless one of you changes the relationship will stay the same. Leave, make a life for yourself. Give your friend the chance to miss you and see what happens.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:44 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• RELATIONSHIPS MAY BE ALL 3, GREAT, GOOD AND BAD, AT THE SAME TIME, SAME DAY.
    Ask your heart and if you feel he loves you too, work on it.

IF YOU WAIT TO MEET THE PERFECT MAN... YOU'LL WAIT FOREVER !

http://s3.amazonaws.com/files.posterous.com/clementine/1Pb42rlkjRTB267WsyuIL6x1OuhTx8irVAK2I9TnbDJkRI6d45XtSjYBcNTX/1.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJFZAE65UYRT34AOQ&Expires=1299250279&Signature=Vb8QyV%2FDnrCtGk4ZXTDYztZKVf4%3D

lillyblue111

Answer by lillyblue111 at 9:47 AM on Mar. 4, 2011