What time should teens go to bed?

Nitestalker

Asked by Nitestalker at 1:15 AM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• My son never had a bed time. He knew when he needed to go to sleep so he could get up in the morning. He didn't need very much sleep, so I never pushed him. Everyone is different, so it just depends on the teen.
    Night_walker

Answer by Night_walker at 1:43 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• 9:30 pm
    guesswho123

Answer by guesswho123 at 3:15 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• My teen knows when she has to get up, and knows when she has to sleep. We have a long standing tradition of 8 p.m. being the start of "my time", so that's the magic hour when Mom isn't expected to do anything for anybody! When she was younger, that was her bedtime, now it's whenever she wants it to be.
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 5:14 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I guess as long as they are getting up for school on time it is up to them. By high school age I think an enforced bedtime is a little silly. High School is all about preparing for college and when you go off to college Mommy isn't going to be around to tell you "time for bed honey".
    jcm62497

Answer by jcm62497 at 7:55 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• My kids went to bed at 9 PM all through high school. One was asleep within minutes and the other read for awhile. They need tons of sleep as teens.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:23 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Mine went to bed between 9:30-10p on their own becaus they had to be up at 5-6a and they knew they needed sleep.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 12:32 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Sleep is pretty hard for teens. I remember staying awake for hours at night tossing and turning. But I could sleep in the afternoon for hours. Its wierd how the body works.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 8:09 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• 10
    Dani3lla

Answer by Dani3lla at 11:47 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• No later than 10:30 p.m. on a school night.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 6:05 PM on Mar. 5, 2011