When should your teen girl go out on first date?

Nitestalker

Asked by Nitestalker at 1:16 AM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• I went on my first date at 15. That seems like a reasonable age to me. His dad had to drive us to the movies at the mall & then pick us up. I figure, first date its probably best if they don't drive themselves. Could have a way of getting in trouble that way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Everyone has different values and views of dating. So what ever you are comfortable with. I started dating at 15.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 1:36 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• when your teen turns 16 years old because the brain is a little further in development. But, no sooner than 16 years old.
    guesswho123

Answer by guesswho123 at 3:22 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I was 16 when I went out on my first date...needed to tell my dad where I was going...he had to come by the house and meet my dad and I had to be home by 11:00 You know your daughter best, you'll figure out the best age for her.
    Onmyown2727

Answer by Onmyown2727 at 6:15 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• At our house, sixteen

Answer by rkoloms at 6:48 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I believe that every kid is different and I don't believe that there are "magic ages" where they are allowed to do things. I think it should be based on the maturity of the teen.
    MommaKath1975

Answer by MommaKath1975 at 7:18 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• it depends. if it's a school dance or activity does there really need to be much of a age limit?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• At our house we tell our kids that when they go on dates they can have fun but that they will be supervised... my daughter asked this boy to go to the movies with her and i drove her... then my son husband and i sat in the back without them knowing... i watched them while everyone else enjoyed the movie...
    whoisalice

Answer by whoisalice at 1:20 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• 16 or 17 if she is trustworthy and the guy isnt too much older. Keep tabs on where she goes and make sure she has a phone in case something bad happens. Also give her a curfew.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 1:23 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• At our house, never. They will be allowed to go out on group dates but in high school there is no reason for one on one dating.
    Anonymous