Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Is there anyway to find out if i have anymore bills in collections?

I recently got my tax return back and was trying to pay off some of mt medical bills that have gone to collections. I stumbled upon to bills that r the same amt and was wondering if they r the same bill or different and i wanted to find a way to see if i have other bills through other collection agencies. i figured i better try to pay off what i can while i have the money. i know it is on ur credit report but i thought that costed money? does anyone know a free credit report website or another way to see a list of what i owe from my debt be medical, or otherwose?. thanks everyone for help in advance.

Answer Question

Asked by brooklyndm at 1:34 AM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Money & Work

Level 12 (658 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • One way to check is by checking your credit score. But be careful some websites try to get you to sign up for a membership. Read the fine print. I hope that helps. :)

    Answer by Hatsumomo at 1:41 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

  • as far as i know, you're allowed 1 free credit report from each of the 3 credit bureaus every year.  i'm not sure how to obtain  that, but it's definitely worth looking into.  your credit report should have a good list of your credit history, including current, past due, & paid accounts.  good luck. & good for you on spending your tax return to settle your debt.  =)


    Answer by rAbella at 2:17 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

  • Go and apply for a loan as soon as they all get your address they will send u something in the mail.

    Answer by logansmom6106 at 6:43 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

  • You can get your free credit report at

    Answer by slw123 at 8:14 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

  • The first thing you should do is write a letter to the account of the hospital and tell them about your cirumstances and that you have a limited means of paying your bill and that you want to set up a payment plan and try to get some of the bills for a lesser amount. If your a student they may ask for a lesser amount of monies. After that you can get a little further along with the imformation from the billing department of any medical building department for your records of outstanding debts. Good luck. This will work for you Because I was a student at one time and had a limited means and asked for a reduction in my medical bills and recieved the answer I needed at that time.

    Answer by guesswho123 at 9:37 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

  • tothe person who replied to this question with this answer, have u used this site before? I dont want my information to get out to people or businesses that dont need to know my business. thanks for ur help.

    You can get your free credit report at

    Comment by brooklyndm (original poster) at 1:51 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

  • is the place to go to get your free credit report- but you won't get your score. Just what's on the report.
    I've used the site several times over the last couple of years. It's legit.

    Congrats on paying off debt! You rock!!!!!

    Answer by Erica_Smerica at 3:28 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Money & Work
Child Support and the Military

Next question overall (Relationships)
What do i do? adult content