How do i get rid of stretch marks?

ive lost alot of weight and i plan to wear a 2 piece this summer
i just need to get rid of my stretch marks
does any one know any creams or lotions?
theres nothing wrong with coco butter i just cant stand the smell

LABELmeCUTE

Asked by LABELmeCUTE at 1:56 AM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I don't know but maybe even check out the scar creams, since that is what a stretch mark is. I havent done this yet not thin yet so I haven't bothered with it.
    whoreallycares

Answer by whoreallycares at 2:06 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• lol i can't stand the smell of cocoa butter either. it makes me gag, but i think it worked for me. i used palmer's cocoa butter firming lotion. but to be honest, idk if i should credit the lotion with the fading or if it just naturally happens over time. but i had really bright red stretch marks & they've now blended in with the tone of my skin to make it almost invisible.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 2:09 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Thera rollers hurt, but if you buy a good quality one, then use any scar cream after you're done, they really fade. I've been using mine for 5 months and they are almost completely gone. I heard from a friend it works slightly quicker with mederma i think that's what it's called instead of a scar cream, but I never tried that so no idea.
    Cosetterose

Answer by Cosetterose at 2:17 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• There is no cream or lotion out there to rid of them. Those things only fade them. To remove them you hasn't to have them surgically removed (tummy tuck). Ask your doctor they'll tell you the same.
    prissysayshi

Answer by prissysayshi at 2:47 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Have you tried coconut oil? it comes sented and unsented.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 4:33 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Once you have stretch marks, you have stretch marks. No cream or lotion or oil will make them go away. A dermatologist would be your best bet. There may be laser treatments or something, but I don't know of any.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:49 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I know of people using the scar creams (can't think of name) for stretch marks, and having decent results.. you might try that.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:19 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I have seen several creams at the drug store stating that they can reduce the appearance of stretch marks
    carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 3:17 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I didn't think those went away, I know Mederma can help reduce the appearance of them.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 5:12 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• You can fade them with vitamin e oil, but you'll never get rid of them without surgery.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 8:15 PM on Mar. 7, 2011