Do most wives/girlfriends know their partner's female friends?

phoofy

Asked by phoofy at 2:17 AM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• One would like to hope. Personally my husband and I both feel that the only opposite sex friend I should have is him and the only opposite sex friend he should have is me. The thing about being married is that you should (ideally) be married to your best friend, the person you can tell anything to, the person you can always count on, the person who talks your down when you are insane, the person who calms you when you are scared. If someone isn't and they have another opposite sex person who is their best friend....they married the wrong person/are in a relationship with the wrong person.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:02 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I'd like to think that my husband and I are still each other's "rock" - but we're definitely in a rut.

I was just wondering if I'm being overly suspicious because I saw some messages between him and another girl (on Twitter, of all places), and it hit me that this was the same "friend" he picked up to go play poker with a week ago. In a really bad rain storm. And she doesn't exactly live that close. When he told me that he planned to go play poker that night, I didn't think anything of it, just assumed it would be with other male friends/co-workers.
    phoofy

Comment by phoofy (original poster) at 3:13 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I would be upset and jealous too. I think you should know everyone who your hubby hangs out with.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 6:52 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Yes, I know all of my husband's female friends, and his male friends too for that matter. He would never go out with a female friend I hadn't met, even for lunch at work.

Answer by missanc at 7:21 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• My DH doesn't really have any female friends, not any that he hangs out with anyway.
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 7:56 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• yes
    Sara_Carter

Answer by Sara_Carter at 10:07 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I know most all my dh's friends
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:46 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• those that think they know all their husband's friends, in a lot of cases they probably don't. I've been friends to guys and in one case I'd known him for about two years when I ran into him at his wife at a function. His wife had no idea that he knew me.

so with that being said, there's a lot of wives whose husbands have gal pals that they don't know about.

myself, as far as I know, I at least know of all my Dh's friends. but since he does the role playing stuff and, I'm sure that he knows women from it that he may have not mentioned to me.
    What do the posts say that he's sending her? If they seem platonic I wouldn't worry about it that much. As for not telling you that his friend was a woman, he may not have thought about it. Often when a guy has a gal pal he often considered her to be one of the guys and doesn't think much of her gender.
    I'd just talk to him about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I don't expect to know all of my husband's acquaintances or those he chats with on Twitter, but does it seem odd that he would go out of his way to drive/pick up a friend in a really bad rain storm, and NOT mention that she happened to be female? On the one hand, maybe he specifically didn't mention it because he thought I might flip out. On the other hand, maybe he didn't mention it because he's hiding something? (Background info: this girl, and a couple others as I found out, work for a company that he works with. She reminds me of me, 10 years ago. My husband and I met at work. Yeah, that's why I get nervous.)

And don't most men know by now that it's pointless to hide or leave out these kinds of things because eventually, we find out one way or another? ;p
    phoofy

Comment by phoofy (original poster) at 11:15 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• "SHE REMINDS ME OF ME".
    You have the answer allright ! You mentioned you're "definitely in a rut".
    MAYBE YOU'VE BEEN TOO BUSY WITH KIDS AND MARRIAGE OBLIGATIONS, AND YOU'VE BEEN IGNORING YOUR LOVE, YOUR RELATIONSHIP.
    I'd BET your man IS MISSING YOU, so perhaps this woman reminds him OF WHO YOU WERE 10 YEARS AGO.

Approach him in a sexy outfit, tell him you always wanted to play Poker,
    show him you want him to flirt you and win you over.

He loves you, and in this woman he sees you.
    You love him too. GO AND MEET HIM HALFWAY !!

lillyblue111

Answer by lillyblue111 at 9:32 AM on Mar. 4, 2011