Has anyone tried the "BOB" books for beginning reading skill?

Did they help your child make the jump from knowing the letters to understanding that letters make words?
Did they help your child learn the "sound it out" concept?
What did you or your child like about them?
What did you or your child not like?

kaycee14

Asked by kaycee14 at 8:34 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My kids used those books because my sisters used them and it was great for all of them. They all read very well now!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 9:40 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• We used the Bob Books when my daugther was 2-3 yrs old and worked really well at helping her to learn to read at 3 yrs of age. We used them in our homeschool along with phonics and other beginner readers. We read a lot of books at that age. I was disappointed that there weren't higher level books for her to use in the series when we went the sets because they worked so well and she enjoyed reading them. I also found one or two workbooks published to go with them as reinforcement to what was she was learning.
    katjg

Answer by katjg at 12:11 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I tried them with both my boys. They hated them. I think it really depends on the child.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 5:47 PM on Nov. 21, 2008