My ten month old baby is REALLY attached to me...

I can not put her down, she screams like she is terrified. She will not go to her daddy. What can I do?

AlyssaM0mmy

Asked by AlyssaM0mmy at 3:46 AM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Thats actaully really normal at that age. Its called separation anxiety.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 5:46 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• How can I calm her down? Her daddy thinks it's funny and doesn't help. She has to have me near her all the time. I feel smothered.
    AlyssaM0mmy

Comment by AlyssaM0mmy (original poster) at 5:59 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• my daughter was like that and i hate to say it but she is now 5 and is still very attached to me...its my fault because i was up her butt when she was a baby lol but best advice for u is to leave her in her playpen with toys and the tv on even if she cries or screams , she has to know that crying wont get her way and she needs to learn to be independent even at this stage if not u will regret it , believe me! At first it will be hard and even if her cries break ur heart she will be ok , if u dont do this now , u will wish u did once she hits a certain age.
    PrettyBaby24

Answer by PrettyBaby24 at 7:24 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Both of you sit on the floor with her and talk and look at toys. It's rough right now, but it will pass eventually
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:14 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• one of my boys is that way i just put him in the walker and he gose with me when im doing things and i will turn and play with him as i do my normal things but it will get better
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 8:32 AM on Mar. 2, 2011