Do you have a junk drawer? Where is it and what's in it?

Mine is in the kitchen--it holds pens, pencils, coupons, old taco sauce, soy sauce packets, little toys, tape, string, and the pads you put under chairs, and---stickers. This is just what comes to the top of my head. It is messy and useless, but we can't give it up!

Teachermom01

Asked by Teachermom01 at 8:35 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Home & Garden

• Ugh! We have an official junk drawer with pens/pencils, scissors, small hardware and tools, coupons, post-its, anything we find on the floor/counter that we can't identify (and are therefore relectant to throw away), my Christmas tree tags from the last 5 years (because those were my first 5 Christmas trees (officially mine to do what I please with). Unfortunately, we also have an oven mitt/junk drawer containing playing cards, twist ties, ketchup/hotsauce, bent cookie cutters, "extra" pieces from furniture we put togethr ourselves. My pet peeve: bottle caps and wine corks in every drawer in my kitchen. REALLY?!?! Everything is a junk drawer/closet to David.
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 1:02 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• ok but ours is in the kitchen and we have TWO junk drawers! its mainly hardware, from curtain rods, batteries, papers, actually one is for the harware and one is for important papers! but its still considered a junk drawer, its not all papers...its sad!
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:40 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I have five. all of the drawers under the bar in my kitchen are catch all drawers I don't even want to look in them, Whatever is left on the counters gets put in one of the drawers.

robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 8:42 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• i have tharee in the kitchen and anything you can think of name it
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:11 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Ohhhhhhhhhh I so miss a "junk drawer" lol. We dont have room in our kitchen for one now. I loved cleaning it out once a year lol. Seemed that alot of lost treasure's always could be found in the junk drawer!
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 10:00 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I was going to say - Don't we all have a junk drawer, but mistynights doesn't & she misses it. Ours is in the kitchen and usually when we can't find something, it's there! Growing up we had one in the kitchen also. Junk drawers are fun!
    christianmom55

Answer by christianmom55 at 11:07 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• One in the kitchen....everything but the kitchen sink is in there!
    Kristin21

Answer by Kristin21 at 1:39 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I to have the pads for under the chair in my junk drawer...so funny....as well as old keys, scissors, change, and god knows what.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 2:59 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I have two in the kitchen and everything others have said goes in it.

Stacey.x
    happytohelp

Answer by happytohelp at 4:29 PM on Nov. 22, 2008