Would you feel safe doing this? (craigslist question)

I met this lady through craigslist because she has a toy I want to buy for my son. I am meeting at the bus stop at the mall (where there will be other people around) and my sister is coming with me. Plus if anything goes wrong I do have my cell phone. This is the first time I have done sonething like this and my husband is nervous becuase he will be at school.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:41 AM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Shopping

• You have a good set plan, I wouldn't worry so much you will be fine. I'm very cautious about things like that just like you and I've got things off of Craigslist numerous times before.
    shortmommy23

Answer by shortmommy23 at 9:11 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I would say that there should be no problem. The big concern for me is that she would not show up and it would be a waste of my time.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:44 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• As you are meeting a public place, I would be fine with it.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:49 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I hope she shows up. I want that toy and I am willing for pay for it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:45 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• u be o.k u wl be gng wuth ur sister n u guys gonna meet in a public place...
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 6:07 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• That sounds like a good plan. I wouldn't go to her house or let her come to yours but meeting at the mall should be fine. Esp b/c you have someone with you. We buy off of Craigslist often and have never had a problem, but we are always making arrangements like you have. Now, my brother once drove an hour to meet someone and they never showed and never answered their phone again. He was so upset b/c he was meeting her for tickets to a concert for his daughter and then he had to go home and tell her he didn't get them :(
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 7:06 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Sounds like a good plan. Don't fall for any stories about her forgetting it and you all have to go to another location or anything. Hope it works out OK
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:13 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• you'll be fine
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 8:33 AM on Mar. 2, 2011