UPDATE--How would you react?--kinda long--NO BASHING PLEASE

Back from the doctor--he ran another EKG and said he saw the same thing as the hospital did; so has told me he wants me to go to the cardiologist and have another EKG done, plus a stress test and a couple other tests. 

I have an appointment scheduled for tomorrow afternoon with my regular doctor will update when I find out more and get back from the appointment.

Just got back from ER because I had made dinner and one of the dishes I made had mushrooms in it unbeknown to me--it was a boxed meal that I had given to me and I didn't read the ingredients first.  I was having an allergic reaction so husband took me to ER.  The doctor ran an EKG and came in and told me that he saw what looked to him as an abnormality and it looked as if I had a heart attack and wants me to go back to my regular doctor in a couple days to have another EKG done. 

Well I told my husband exactly word for word what the ER doctor told me and he had the balls to say to me "you weren't having a heart attack and that isn't what the doctor said"  He wasn't in the room with me so he didn't hear the doctor.  It is as if he is calling me a liar. 

He didn't go back with me because he was in the waiting room with our toddler.  That is the only reason I can figure out why he said that is because he didn't hear it firsthand from the doctor. 

Just ticks me off because anytime it is anything with me he says that it is nothing and all in my head and that I am a hypochondriac.  But if it was him or any of his family well then we would have to rally around them. 

I usually just blow him off and figure that is the way he is and always has been when it comes to something with me; but if it the tables were turned and it was him getting these results and things from the doctor well then everyone would have to drop everything and rally around him. 

I have come to the conclusion that I am going to start getting everything in written form from my doctor then that way he can't question anything I am tired of being accused of lying when I'm not and never have.  Why would anyone want to make something like that up anyhow?!?!

Sorry just had to vent.  Have a good evening everyone.

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 6:33 AM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Health

• i couldnt be married to anyone that would not believe me, especially about something as serious as my health. i would also not tolerate being called a lier and being spoken to as disrespectfully as that. i would never tell a woman to leave her husband because it is not my place to do so, but i kow i would be seriously re-evaluating the relationship long before now. he does not sound like much of a man.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 9:48 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• They let u leave the ER after having a heart attack? My Dad had one a few weeks ago and was in the ICU for days. I am just wondering why they let you go?
    Cassidysmom611

Answer by Cassidysmom611 at 7:01 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• The doctor said it looked like I had a heart attack recently not last night and that is why he wants me to go back to my regular doctor so that he can look at the EKG and take another one if needed and figure out if I did have one and what to do.

Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 7:23 AM on Mar. 2, 2011