UPDATE--How would you react?--kinda long--NO BASHING PLEASE

Back from the doctor--he ran another EKG and said he saw the same thing as the hospital did; so has told me he wants me to go to the cardiologist and have another EKG done, plus a stress test and a couple other tests. 

I have an appointment scheduled for tomorrow afternoon with my regular doctor will update when I find out more and get back from the appointment.

Just got back from ER because I had made dinner and one of the dishes I made had mushrooms in it unbeknown to me--it was a boxed meal that I had given to me and I didn't read the ingredients first.  I was having an allergic reaction so husband took me to ER.  The doctor ran an EKG and came in and told me that he saw what looked to him as an abnormality and it looked as if I had a heart attack and wants me to go back to my regular doctor in a couple days to have another EKG done. 

Well I told my husband exactly word for word what the ER doctor told me and he had the balls to say to me "you weren't having a heart attack and that isn't what the doctor said"  He wasn't in the room with me so he didn't hear the doctor.  It is as if he is calling me a liar. 

He didn't go back with me because he was in the waiting room with our toddler.  That is the only reason I can figure out why he said that is because he didn't hear it firsthand from the doctor. 

Just ticks me off because anytime it is anything with me he says that it is nothing and all in my head and that I am a hypochondriac.  But if it was him or any of his family well then we would have to rally around them. 

I usually just blow him off and figure that is the way he is and always has been when it comes to something with me; but if it the tables were turned and it was him getting these results and things from the doctor well then everyone would have to drop everything and rally around him. 

I have come to the conclusion that I am going to start getting everything in written form from my doctor then that way he can't question anything I am tired of being accused of lying when I'm not and never have.  Why would anyone want to make something like that up anyhow?!?!

Sorry just had to vent.  Have a good evening everyone.

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 6:34 AM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• hugs I hope that everything goes ok at your next dr. appointment.  It is too bad your husband had to be a jerk and accuse you of lying, especially when he did not even hear 1st hand what the doctor actually said.  I would speak up to him and tell him how hurtful his comment was, especially when you had  just had a scare and really needed his care, concern and  support, not his accusations.  

MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:18 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• hugs

jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 6:42 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I would be irritated, but please make sure you do as the doctor says. You need to take care of yourself.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:47 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I would just ignore him, go to my other Dr. See if he can write something up for you that says exactly what your husband needs to hear. I have a girlfriend in the SAME position. Any time she gets sick, she is over reacting. Any time her husband get sick, she has to cater to his every need. It makes ME sick. Anyhow, now when she goes to the Dr., she has him write up paper work explaining in detail what is wrong with her so her husband won't be an asshole. Even still though, he always accuses her of over reacting.....why the fuck do men do that? Gosh it ticks me off, as if their wife's health needs are just not nearly as important....

Food allergies can easily lead to heart attacks.....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:48 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I think all men are that way? My husband is usually really good about not arguing with me about what my doctor says but he rolls his eyes when I need to go get refills for my arthritis. I guess he thinks since I have had it since my mid 20s I dont really have it? It runs in my family that way though. I would just tell him you could have a heart problem and that if it isnt treated you could die leaving him a widow with a baby, and if that doesnt concern him then maybe you need to rethink those marriage vows (better for worse in sickness and in health).

Answer by gemgem at 7:48 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Does he accuse you of lying alot? Ignore him and concentrate on your own health.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:19 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• hugs

teritaru

Answer by teritaru at 6:35 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Men are not always mature in their expressions and comments, especially in Hospitals !!!
    I BET your husband was scared to death, maybe felt guilty for not treating you right,
    SO BY NOT ADMITTING TO HIMSELF THAT YOU HAD A HEART ATTACK, HE JUSTIFIES HIS LACK OF SUPPORT.

Next time, for your own good please OBTAIN DOCTOR'S DIAGNOSES IN WRITING.
    Not just for your man, but for many other reasons (Work, social security etc)
    lillyblue111

Answer by lillyblue111 at 9:26 AM on Mar. 4, 2011