I hear Chantix can cause diabetes, and worsen post partum depression. does anyone know if this is accurate??

I am trying to quit for my two month old son. and everyone says Chantix works... now that I have started, I hear a lot of bad news about it.

donovansmom902

Asked by donovansmom902 at 8:39 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Health

• You head bad things about every drug if you google them. I took chantix and had no bad side effects. I quit smoking within 2 weeks. I recommend it to everyone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:23 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I used chantix as well. I loved it. I quit within 2-3 weeks. Right now I am not taking the pills anymore and have no cravings to smoke. I would recommend it to everyone. It does show on the side affects that depression may be one of them. Talk to your doctor if you are experiencing any problems with the pill. Good Luck!!
    Ethansmyson1

Answer by Ethansmyson1 at 9:27 AM on Nov. 21, 2008