Question for women who gave birth naturally.

With my 1st, I had an epidural. This time, I want to give birth naturally with no drugs. So, my questions is, what did you do when you had to pee while in labor?

ABPeterson

Asked by ABPeterson at 6:36 AM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I made sure to pee before labor got real bad. I also wanted to poop before labor got bad, so i wouldn't poop during delivery....lol, it worked.

Just a little FYI, i personally have felt worse pain than labor & delivery. I really didn't think it hurt as bad as everyone warned me it would. Seemed like everyone who warned me, took the epidural. I thought it was funny that they were the ones warning me...lol.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:42 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I went to the bathroom with the help of nurse. The nurse will determine if it's fine or not.

daps

Answer by daps at 6:44 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I got a catheter (sp??). Wait. I think I did. OMG. I forgot. I think I blocked out the trauma.
    AlyssaM0mmy

Answer by AlyssaM0mmy at 6:47 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• They always made me pee in a cup right when I got to the hospital. This last time I peed in the cup, and omg it was so hard to do! I gave the stupid nurse my pee, Then she checked my cervix and I was 9. If I can pee in a cup when I am 9cm, I think I can do anything! hahaha...dont worry you will be able to do it!
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 6:53 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I went before things really kicked into high gear.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:53 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• To be honest I think I peed before hand although if you have a long labor and need to go the nurses will help and tell you if it is okay. I had an Epi with my first and no drugs with my 2nd and 3rd. I felt much better after my 2nd and 3rd labors.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:35 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Since you can walk without an epidural they just let me go in the bathroom then once it was time to push I forgot all about needing to pee.
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 7:38 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Got up and went pee. Had the best contractions sitting on the toilet :)
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 7:49 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I got up and went pee w/ help from DH
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:24 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Same as above, they let me go to the bathroom since I could walk.
    Cosetterose

Answer by Cosetterose at 8:27 AM on Mar. 2, 2011