Very "Personal"

Well.. I'm a 23yr old mom of two little boys.

But my problem is my periods. Ughhhh!!!
I cant stress how much I hate them.
It's soo bad that when I have things to do I have to schedule them around it to make sure I am doing NOTHING on those days because I cant go out anywhere.
Does anyone else have this problem???
I don't know what to do about it.
Or if there is anything I can do to decrease the "flow"
I have called the Dr. about this but sine I'm anemic they just say make sure I take my iron and that should help.
I've been taking it for over 7 years and it's still the same. =(
It's so embarrassing.
I can't even walk from my living room to my bathroom every time without an "accident".

So if anyone knows of any thing that can help I would really love that!!
And I'm deff going to a different Dr. to see if they can help me.

Thanks!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:50 AM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Health

• I'm not sure if you would consider going on the pill or not, or are already on it, but there are some that shorten the length of the cycle as well as alleviate some of the symptoms of pms......I would definitely check with your doctor......good luck!
    Peggs11

Answer by Peggs11 at 7:52 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Most birthcontrol pills will help lighten your flow :) Talk to your Dr ....they might prescribe you a good brand to help :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:53 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Thanks Guys. I was actually on 5 different pills (at diff times of course) and they all made me sick and I tried 2 different shots and nothing really worked. One dr told me i would probably need a hysterectomy and I deff dont even want to think about that .... not at all. =( so ill deff keep everyone posted.. and thanks again!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:56 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Yep I have the same problem and always have. My doctor said I have PMDD. I dont make any plans on the day after I have mine because the cramps and bleeding will be too much. It really sucks and I get really crabby. I take Aleve for it.

Answer by gemgem at 7:57 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Have you tried the "mini pill" It does NOT have estrogen in it....

I was sick on a couple of brands of pills until the Dr prescribed me that one and it worked VERY well!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:59 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:05 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Iron doesn't help bleeding problems, it just replaces what you lost because of the heavy bleeding. I think your Dr is not living in 2011, and I think your choice of going to a new Dr is probably your best bet. Again, GL.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:06 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• i have the mirena....eventhough you may hear some horror stories about it, i've had mine for 2 years and havent had a period since the 3rd month i had it....i LOVE it! definately something worth talkin
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 8:19 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I have heard good things about the mirena shortening periods. Look into that one.
    merandaobrien

Answer by merandaobrien at 8:58 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Iron doesn't decrease the flow, just replaces what you are losing. Do you want more kids? A friend of mine recently had the NovaSure procedure done and has been happy with it, but she's done having kids.

Answer by missanc at 9:12 AM on Mar. 2, 2011