I dont understand the hypocrisy...everyone fights for gay rights b/c they should be able to love who they love...but most everyone bashes the "sister wives"?

Is it not the same thing?

Why does what they do in their home and bedroom bother anyone else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:58 AM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• what is a sister wife?
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:59 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• The show where the people practice polygamy....more than one wife.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:00 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• i've not seen sister wife but isnt that where to sisters are married to one man? thats kinda like insest but whatever..i don't care. they don't bother me.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:01 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• They are not literally sisters....they just call themselves that.

None of them are related.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:03 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Well polygamy is illegal. Being gay is not. If it's the same thing I guess I'm just a hypocrite.
    Cosetterose

Answer by Cosetterose at 8:03 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I've not seen any bashing of sister wives. Maybe I should get out more? lol
    maybe people see mulitples as cheating. and a union of 2 homosexuals as a commitment.
    and commitment and cheating are 2 comletely different things?
    It won't be long, we'll be allowed to marry animals so who cares right?
    We " aren't " supposed to care what goes on in the bedroom?
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:12 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Most people support gay marriage because it makes them feel better about themselves. The feign horror at the telling of a gay joke, yet the funniest ones I hear are from my gay nephews.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:13 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I don't have a problem with polygamy or polyandry for that matter. As long as all involved are consenting adults, able to make rational decisions, people should be able to marry whom ever they want. Besides this archaic idea of One man, One woman is very culture specific, other definitions a marriage exist around the world, many very successful in their societies.

emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 8:14 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I don't bash. It looks like a miserable way to live, but they are consenting adults and should be able to do what they want as long as it doesn't violate anyone else's rights. I believe one of the issues with polygamy is that many times the subsequent wives can't support themselves and if the husband can't support them then they use PA and keep growing their families on the taxpayer's dime. That's the only issue I have with polygamy and that's not to say that this is the case with every polygamist family. They just don't seem very happy when you interview them. there is a lot of drama and someone is always crying.  I don't believe the subsequent marriages in that relationship are anything by holy unions or whatever they call it.  It's not a legal marriage.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:17 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I take a what bob would do approach or what bob does does not make me (insert emotion or look) so why do I care?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:22 AM on Mar. 2, 2011