What do you think about this???

My family and I are taking a trip out West in about 2 weeks. It is very important that we have some of the articles that I need to pack (i.e. formal wear as we have interviews for jobs amongst other things) so I was wondering if anyone has shipped their articles via FedEx or UPS to get them to there destination safely and not have to check bags at the airport? With increasing costs to check bags I dont thing it will be too much of a financial loss... What do you think?

madlyinlove412

Asked by madlyinlove412 at 8:40 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Travel

• I would just buy something new while you are there. At least that way you are sure to have the clothes you need and you don't have to worry about them getting lost in the mail. Plus, you can ship them home before you leave.
    crystac

Answer by crystac at 10:20 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• i once knew a lady who shipped her sewing machine whenever she visited her grandkids. she would fly with just herself and one bag and then would sew clothing and halloween costumes and such for the grandkids when she got there.
    with the postal service, you can get arrival verification and watch your package by internet, insurance, anything. keep your receipts and your packages should get there safe and secure.
    http://www.usps.com/
    you can even do it from your home.
    JumpingHoops

Answer by JumpingHoops at 12:23 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• i was watching some guy who is the head of consumer affairs regarding airlines and he says he ONLY couriers his bags now, just as cheap and more likely to get there. i would use UPS
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 1:50 AM on Nov. 22, 2008