Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I recently got married and wanted to know the best way to fill my taxes out?

Always in the past throughout the year I claim single and myself- then we split up claiming our two sons when we file. I need to change my forms here at work and do not know the best way to get the most on my weekly paycheck?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:28 AM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Money & Work

Answers (2)
  • Um, I wanna say (trying to remember right now) for you to have the higher paying person to claim married with 2 dependents and the lower to claim married filing jointly, I believe that is what my mom (she worked at a tax place for years) had my husband do to get us the most out of our refund and to start getting some more money each paycheck.

    Answer by shortmommy23 at 8:51 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

  • To get more money, claim more exemptions - married and 2, rather than single and 1.

    Answer by tasches at 2:48 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.