Calling all wise worded women

next thing on my autism to do list...write grant requests for ABA therapies

no idea where to start, have looked on internet and not found any examples

2nd doc that did eval, give me the idea, said their office would help, called and lady said
i write
she gives me addresses

HELP?!

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 8:30 AM on Mar. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• Is there a parent advocate that can help you? Are you in touch with other parents who have gone through this? I know when my BIL/SIL were dealing with their son's diagnosis, they asked for and got much help from the parent advocates who had been through it already.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Are you trying to prepare a grant request on behalf of a corporation or other entity? My friend used to write them for the company/charity she worked for and there were very specific guidelines that had to be followed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:40 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• trying to write grant request to get monies for ABA therapy for autism in home extensive therapy
    on a year and a half waiting list for this through autism waiver
    but last doc who did eval said his office woman would help me write grants to get monry to pay for this until waiver number comes up
    i call the lady from his office and she is not helping me write, i write and she gives me address to mail them to
    does not sound like help
    easier to find where to send, then to write the things
    i asked if she had examples that could get me started, and she said "not any good ones"
    ???wtf!, if she has no examples of good ones, what help is she
    have looked on internet, can find no examples, agreed that i am not the best at searching but i found nothing

anyone have any linkto sample of grant writing for ABA services for in home services for autism
    fiatpax

Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 10:06 AM on Mar. 2, 2011