Should I let it go?

There is a fund raiser dodgeball activity that is Friday night after school. My 12 yo had her grades go down and the restriction was she couldn't go if that would happen. The money was due today but she paid it yesterday. I am telling her to get the money back ($8.50) or should I just make her pay it back out of HER money instead? What would be the best lesson learned?$5 of it was going for a t-shirt that her friend was buying for the team (not for the fund-raiser).  She will be letting her team down.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 AM on Mar. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• I'd make her pay it back, I couldn't ask for my money back I gave for a fundraiser!
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 8:38 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Make her pay it back. Personally I would not ground my kid from a fundraiser, since to me thats sending the wrong message. I would have grounded her from something else or fined her.

Answer by gemgem at 8:34 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Make her pay it back with her money and make her go and watch... not participate.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 8:35 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• make her pay it back. i mean it would be kind of awkward to ask for money back that is for a fundraiser.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:33 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Have her work it off rather than ask for it back. Dodgeball...state funded cruelty lol
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:41 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• do not ask for the money back.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 9:43 AM on Mar. 2, 2011