Diet Pills

So I've been doing Weight Watchers since the first of Jan. And excerising daily. I'm down about 10 pounds.

That being said, I would like to jump start weight loss again (I have slowed way down). Are there any decent diet pills out there? I don't want to stop what I'm doing....just would like to lose a little more weight.

Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• No diet pill is without its side effects, and none of them will help with long term weight loss. Re-evaluate your diet and your exercise, and see if there's anything THERE you can adjust. I agree with musicmom80- you're really better off NOT using diet pills. They actually slow your metabolism in the long run, which makes you gain weight in the end, and that's the last thing you want. Keep up the WW, and discuss your concerns at your next meeting. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:13 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• A detox is not a diet pill. It just depletes water and removes excess waste, that's why you lose a significant amount. But it's not body fat. I wish I could tell you that there is a magic pill that will make you lose weight faster but there isn't. I've taken anything and everything, and even if I did lose anything I gained it back later. You are already on the right track, just be patient!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:03 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I use Orovo Detox at the beginning of spring every year. Its all natural and is good for your skin too. All it does is cleanse you and helps jump start weight loss. You have to eat right and exercise to make it most effective. I usually drop about 7 lbs in the week I take it.

Answer by gemgem at 8:42 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Alli has been awesome for me. It's not for everyone.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 12:04 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Thanks ladies. Guess I will save my money. Although a detox might not hurt. But I'll think about that.

Thanks for all the advice.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:20 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Well alli removes the fat so it's not pretty. Particularly if you cheat.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 12:24 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Personally I don't think you should take any pills. I don't think their healthy in the long run. I've heard many things about what those pills do to your heart. Nonetheless, my sister-in-law started weight watchers a year ago and she is a twig now. She lost of 60 pounds so I honestly think it works. And the best part about it is that she eats normally. Unlike many other weight loss programs, weight watchers encourages you to eat whatever you desire just smaller portions. Good luck girl :) I'd say stay away from the pills but it's your call....
    Miszross

Answer by Miszross at 2:14 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Alli. Helped me take off most of the Christmas lbs.

Don't cheat though. You'll shit your pants. I'm not even kidding. Happend to me when I had a calzone about a week into the "diet". lol
    mom23boys679

Answer by mom23boys679 at 2:55 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• It sounds like you are doing well, stick with the WW and don't mess with diet pills.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:18 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I have decided NOT to take any pills. YAY me. I decided to just shake up my workout a little. Maybe that's why I'm slowing down...getting use to the same old thing, ya know?

anyhow...thanks for all the answers.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:48 PM on Mar. 2, 2011