Tomorrow is 3 weeks post-C-section. Should I be freaking out?

I literally haven't had any pain since about about a week after the c-section. At my 2 week follow up they told me I could stop taking my pain meds if I want. (I wasn't taking them anyway, because I didn't hurt.) I was told all the "no-no's": For 6 weeks, No going up & down stairs, No lifting anything heavier than the baby, No driving, etc. I was good for the 1st week and pretty much am still being good, but DH had to go back to work right away & I haven't had much help at all from family, because we live pretty far & it's a pain in the butt for them to come out. Pretty much just my mom came over for 2 or 3 days so far. So I'm alone with my 2.5 yr old and a newborn. (I'm not looking for pity, just explaining the situation.) The only shower in our house is downstairs so if I need to bathe I have to go up & down the stairs.
Well yesterday since I've been feeling so good, and the fact that I have cabin fever, I decided to trek out to see my mom to take them to IHOP for her and my stepdad's birthdays, both were in Feb. I had to boost my 33 lb DD into her seat to go out there. No pain when that happened. Then we went to eat, and I had help lifting people & diaper bags, but then after we ate we decided to go to the park (weather was nice) and I spent some much-needed mommy & me time with DD#1. Grammie held little baby & I played on the playground with DD#1. She was scared to go down the dark spiraly tube slide by herself so I let her sit on my lap. We went down 3 times and I felt a small twinge of pain in my belly. Wasn't alarming but since I haven't felt any pain at all, I'm not sure if this is something to be concerned about.
Then this morning I'm a *little* sore but again, nothing alarming, (like a 0.5 on a scale of 1-10) but when I went to the bathroom this morning there was a little blood, "fresh" blood, too. Should I be freaking out? If I really hurt myself on the inside, wouldn't it be much more painful?

MamaLisa1976

Asked by MamaLisa1976 at 8:52 AM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Health

• It sounds like you just over did it. Bleeding can increase when you do too much, too soon. Try and take it a little slower. But if you're concerned call your dr.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 8:58 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• i remember having little gushes of blood if i did too much, so that is most likely what's going on with you. or, could it be the start of your period? either way, it's nothing to be concerned about UNLESS you soak 2 pads within an hour. if its not the period, then just remember to slow down a little. sometimes we want to take full advantage of our newly found energy and dont realize we can do too much too fast.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:03 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Just call your doctor and try your best to take it easy. Ibuprofen also helps.
    merandaobrien

Answer by merandaobrien at 9:06 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Honestly, it sounds like you overdid it, and this is sort of like your body sending you a bit of a "warning" to stop, because you are not fully healed yet. As long as it doesn't get any worse, and as long as you don't push it too much (I can understand the shower thing, but I wouldn't be doing the boosting into a car seat, etc)

Trust me - I'm speaking from experience. I had a c-section with my 1st. I felt fine, I was told don't carry anything heavier than the baby, etc... I thought, well, this isn't THAT much more.... (a bag of groceries isn't THAT much heavier than the baby... I'm not doing THAT much activity, etc...) I, too, was going stir crazy.... And I didn't really pay attention to the "warnings" that my body gave - because the pain wasn't THAT bad... In the end, I was back in the hospital with a uterine infection and set my recovery back.

You're prob fine now, but really, don't push it too much!

gl!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:15 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Thanks, all. I was worried something may have gone REALLY wrong & even though I'm barely feeling an ache, I pictured myself in the hospital getting cut open again to repair any internal stitches I may have broken. :( I know I'm going off the deep end with that, though... but I just wanted to be sure.
    MamaLisa1976

Comment by MamaLisa1976 (original poster) at 9:28 AM on Mar. 2, 2011