• In the Spotlight:

So my husband is in therapy and -

now since his therapist told him he's depressed he's acting weird. He told me she is afraid he is suicidal. And says that he can't take much more from me. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
The whole reason the ass is in therapy is because I couldn't take any more from him! Now he's trying to turn the tables!
Don't know what I'm looking for here. Just anything I guess.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• hugshow about a hug.

jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 9:38 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Sounds like you need to tell your side to this therapist.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 9:43 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Hug is great. Thank you.

As far as telling the therapist my side, I haven't been asked to go so I won't push it. We tried marriage therapy and he didn't do much talking. At least in individual therapy he's talking.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:49 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Sounds like the two of you aren't in the same relationship. I'd change therapists.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:08 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• hugsim sorry

I know how you feel my husband is the same way when it comes to if it someting with me or something with him. 

Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:42 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I'd change therapists too!
    hate to say it, but the counselor very well may be telling him that! though my guess is that he's twisting around what she's telling him.

Not all counselors are good at what they do. Just because they have the slip of paper doesn't mean they are all that qualified.
    A marriage counselors my DH and I had asked me to come in alone to ask me if I was Gay! Not that I have anything against those that are, I'm just not.
    She just kept going on about how I MUST be gay, because I 'fit the profile'.
    that since I had issues with women, had lots of male friends and was having a hard time connecting with my husband than I must be Gay, so that must be the problem.
    I still say the only thing DH and I got from the time with her was that we spent so much time laughing at her that it helped to show us how important it was to laugh together
    Anonymous

• Do you know exactly what he is telling her though? It could be an array of things. Also, I wouldn't judge to quick- I went to therapy b/c my ex was convinced I had issues, and therapy only helped me realize he was the one with issues and I left him. I'm not trying to insinuate that maybe you do have/reate problems, but I'm just showing there are two sides to every story. I would try to at least be supportive of him because if he can tell you aren't taking him seriously, and there really is an outside issue, than he might feel even more uncomfortable. There could be things from his past that have come out in therapy, creating somewhat of a mood change- that's common. If he's truthfully depressed though, maybe meds can help. Good luck.
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 2:05 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I think my only mistake was staying with him after he cheated on me while we were dating. I allowed him to do so many crappy things to me which continued through our engagement and now into marriage. I was absolutely wrong to stay with a liar.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:51 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Someone reffered a book to me, its called The 5 Love Languages by Dr. Gary Chapman. Me and my husband have been reading a chapter at a time and it really is worthwhile. I think all married couples should read it to help with better communication. I'm not one to normally read either!
    elenalee

Answer by elenalee at 9:05 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• WHAT A PASSIONATE WAY TO FIGHT WITH YOUR MAN, HOW ANGRY HE MAKES YOU!
    COULD THIS BE LOVE IN DISGUISE ? If you ignored him, if you played "cool and indifferent", I'd say it's over.

Re your last comment, I know it's hurtful to think of what he did to you in the past.
    The point is, where you guys stand NOW, and what really keeps you together.
    Life is too short to compromise.

Do you enjoy being with eachother, is there a love sparkle between you two?
    I know how it is to be angry with your spouse, and remember how much hurt he's inflicted on you.
    That pain doesn't seem to go away, it's like it comes back vivid, you feel it again and again.

Forget Counselling, forget the shrinks : Is there still hope ? Is there still love ???????????????????????
    lillyblue111

Answer by lillyblue111 at 9:07 AM on Mar. 4, 2011