Why do people tell you one thing and do another?

just annoyed that my friend told me last night that she wanted to go to the store with me first thing this morning, so she isn't answering her phone, i am thinking she went back to bed, I need to go and i am thinking of going alone but then i don't want to hear her whine she needs stuff and has no way there. grrr........

jenn4443

Asked by jenn4443 at 9:43 AM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• Because they are not responsible enough or considerate! I'd be going with out her. I'd much rather go early, get it done and be home....not your problem she's not ready. And when she asks say "Hey, I tried calling you and figured since you didn't answer I didn't think you needed to go".
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:49 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Sometimes what sounds good and doable one day loses it's appeal the next. I'd leave without her.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:48 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• If she is not up & ready don't waste your time waiting around for her go do what you have to do

ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 9:44 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Go without her. People know if I say I am coming at a certain time I show up. If they arent ready to go then I go on my own. It isnt my job to sit around and babysit them. One of my friends is doing the same to me right now as I type this lol. Were supposed to go to cheer tonight with our dd's and she isnt answering her phone to see about going in one car. I know later tonight she will say oh I forgot, or why didnt u come get me? And I know she will know the answer before asking LOL.

Answer by gemgem at 9:55 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• go to the store and when she starts calling you don answer
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:51 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I'd just go. That probably sounds rude but I can't stand when people tell me one thing and change their mind or whatever and don't bother to let me know things have changed.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 10:08 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• thats what i am thinking because she said she would call over a hr ago.
    jenn4443

Comment by jenn4443 (original poster) at 9:48 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• your right mamaada, I am the type to that i want everything done early. I am fine is she didn't want to go but atleast tell me.
    jenn4443

Comment by jenn4443 (original poster) at 9:51 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I have this happen to me all the time and now just do things by myself and not worry about waiting on when it is convenient for someone else.

Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:40 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• if she was supposed t call and hasn't, and she isn't answering her phone, then I say go ahead. text her a message or something telling her that you're going and why.

if she whines later, then let her whine.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 10:46 AM on Mar. 2, 2011