How are is it to take care of children with ADD or ADHD.. I would like to know?

will my friend went me to babysit her son.. But he is a little out of hand.. But i belive i can do it.. But i would like to see other moms out there ..How they handle it..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:05 PM on Jul. 8, 2008 in General Parenting

• OMG an ADHD child is difficult at best. The problem is that they have no impulse control. So the moment an urge comes on they follow through without thinking about it. There's no "is this a bad thing?" And if he's like my son he's creative with what he gets into. lol

But it's not all bad. Most ADHD kids are really creative. You can keep them entertained with imaginative games (pretend, making up stories, etc). Also crafts are a good idea but not ones with a lot of steps. When my son was getting really out of hand I would sit him down with paints or clay or something. That would keep him occupied quietly for hours.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 8:32 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Keep a close eye on him. My son has done things like empty out the fridge so he could climb inside (he wanted to cool off). Throw all the eggs in the sink. Pick the cement out from under the siding on the side of the house and throw it over the neighbor's fence. Poop behind a rose bush and throw his underware over the fence. All sorts of stuff most kids wouldn't even think of doing.
    amethystrse

• Read Green for life by Victoria Boutenko! You'll understand when you read this book!
    Geneie

Answer by Geneie at 11:36 PM on Jul. 8, 2008