• In the Spotlight:

I haven't eaten in 3 days

I have been drinking some nutritional diet drinks, like Slim-Fast, 3 times a day, but I'm not eating anything. Is that okay to do for a few weeks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• you know its not ok to do so why are you doing it? you can die so i suggest you stop!
    Anonymous

• How can I die? The drink is a meal. Only difference is you drink it from a can and it's lower in calories and other bad stuff for you. It has vitamins and nutrients.
    Anonymous

• No it's not good! Your body will go into starvation mode. You're basically starving yourself. Nutritional drinks are supposed to SUPPLEMENT a healthy diet, not replace your diet entirely.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:54 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• In case you haven't heard - diets do NOT work.
    Let's say you lose the weight you want and don't do any harm to yourself with what you are doing. What do you think will happen when stop the shakes and go back to eating regular food? Do you think you will be able to maintain your new weight? You know better.
    You need to make permanent changes to what you eat and how much exercise you get each day. Can't squeeze in exercise? Park further away so you have to walk a little bit more - at work, at the store, where ever. Buy ankle weights and where them. Stand on one foot while waiting in line - switch feet from time to time. Do slow situps and pushups while watching TV. See? You can fit it in.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 9:05 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Your body is not used to it. I can understand drinking it for 1 meal a day but not all day. There are other alternatives.
    Anonymous

• i agree this is not healthy just eat healthy meals and exercise its healthier than slim fast
    akashaismyworld

Answer by akashaismyworld at 5:03 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• oh its fine,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,just dont do it forever!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:20 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Negative. Slim fast can be a meal suppliment oncce a day but it should not be a consistent substitute for real food. I take it you know this already.
    mellibelli917

Answer by mellibelli917 at 1:34 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I know about wanting to loss weight fast but you can not do it that way. It is a life change and you need to eat but not as much. When you read they say to start off eatting less and better foods and to start working out. Start eatting and walking. I know what you are going throw I weight in at 357 on July 2007 I now weight in at 255 loss of 102. It is a very hard road to loss weight but worth it. Not eatting not going to get you were you want to be. If you need to talk please let me know. That why I come here to find people I can talk to when I am down. cloverlady2008
    cloverlady2008

Answer by cloverlady2008 at 3:19 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• No, the body needs SUBSTANCE to burn off!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:20 AM on Nov. 22, 2008