How to get my one year to drink from hard top sippy cup

My one year is drinking all fluids from a soft spout "trainer" sippy cup without any problems; however, he is beginning to chew use the spout like a paci rather than for drinking, so I would like to move him to a hard top sippy but he refuses to even attempt to drink from one. He screams and throws the cup anytime I offer it to him regardless of whats in the cup and/or how hungry he is. Any suggestions?

meggiec

Asked by meggiec at 10:05 AM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Tell him if he bites it, you are gong to take it away. My daughter did not like the hard cup either.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 10:15 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I hear you have to keep giving it and throw the bottles away. With my son, I gave in and tried again at 18 months, and he did fine. My daughter (she's older), did fine at 12 months with a cup.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:42 AM on Mar. 2, 2011