Online dating what do you think can it work or not?

I have met someone online that I find very interesting and I want some advice on whether I should take it serious or not. I just really like him. Been hurt and trust issues are definitely me when it comes to relationships so please advise.He is working in another country right now but lives in georgia . We have been chatting for like three months now and things he says just pulls the heart strings . We are to meet in july when he gets break from job. He has showed me pictures of himself and I him and conversations are good he makes me laugh he makes me cry but this is my first experience with online so yes I am scared and I tell him so. But he seems to have all the right responses. In july we will have eight months of the online getting to know each other so is this enough time to really know someone online ?Can you tell this is the first time for me? Thanks for all the advice .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• Did you meet online and are now dating? Does he live far away and you only communicate online or by phone?
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 10:08 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• i meet my SO online and we have been together since oct....we are now preggo and i already have 3 kids from a previous relationship...he is an amazing man and a wonderful father to my kids...it worked for me so i know it can work
    hdemom2011

Answer by hdemom2011 at 10:12 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• more about situation
    based on question only..maybe ,maybe not
    not enough info to even guess
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:12 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Give it a shot i've been with dh for over a year now we met on MYSPACE lol Be careful if you haven't met face to face yet. but online dating is so common now it's worth a chance if u think he's worth your time.
    thehaneyrock

Answer by thehaneyrock at 10:19 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• It worked for me but not in the way you mean. My DH's mom met my best friends dad online they dated and moved in together and thats how I met my DH. They didnt end up together for more than a year though. I do think they can work though.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:20 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I think it could work. I also think that one needs to be very cautious. Anyone can tell you anything about themselves, about where they've been, what they've done. Character must be observed in person, and character is what counts--whether a person is honest, reliable, dependable, considerate, trustworthy, and on and on and on. And, if you decide to meet him in person, make sure it is in a public place where there is plenty of activity. There are those who would set traps for the innocent and unsuspecting, and as I said, you can't tell those persons from the sincere just by chatting online. So be careful and it might work out. Just don't set yourself up for disappointment because he could be a huge fraud. And move very, very slowly!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:24 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I've heared success stories of perfect matches, and stories of fraud, abuse and deceipt.
    Be VERY CAREFUL WHEN SHARING PERSONAL DATA,
    Don't share personal address, phone numbers, real name etc until you really know the person for months,
    Try to learn first where they work, REAL family status, etc.
    On your FIRST DATES meet this person ALWAYS IN PUBLIC, NEVER IN HOTELS ETC, and away from your town / home.

* HERE'S A TRUE STORY : An ex model in England dated online a guy who lied about his appearance, job, was a crook etc.
    She met him a few times, and when she found out the truth, she asked to stop seeing him. HE FOUND WHERE SHE LIVES AND THREW ACID ON HER FACE. HER FACE IS TOTALLY BURNT, .... sorry for this extreme story, but .... better be safe than sorry...
    lillyblue111

Answer by lillyblue111 at 10:27 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I have seen several success stories, and know a few personally. Just make sure they are who they say they are. There's always gonna be success stories, and there's always going to be horror stories. You my dear, are going to make your own story! Good luck. :)
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:30 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I've seen it work for some. Have seen it not work for more people. A lot of married people playing the field on the sites and that includes the paid sites as well as the free ones. I don't understand why someone would put a photo up that is several years old but they do.

Just be careful. A lot of liars and cheaters but then again you can meet that type of person as well as someone awesome anytime, anywhere. Keep your eyes and ears open and you'll be suprised where and how you meet people.
    Onmyown2727

Answer by Onmyown2727 at 10:30 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• my mother married someone she met online.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:40 AM on Mar. 2, 2011