Good morning ladies!!!

Had any of you ladies had a hysterectomy done? If so how was the recup??, I am getting a total laparoscopy, done through the belly button and two small incisions on each side that do not even require stitches!!! tell me what to expect after? my ovaries and uterus are going bye bye, and my bladder is being lifted because it collapsed, it sucks to get old!

Asked by older at 10:22 AM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Health

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • My mon had that identical thing done a few years ago. It went very well for her and her recovery was, in her doctor's words "textbook". Unfortunately, she still has to go through menopause :) Good luck ,I hope it goes well for you!
    alphamom26

Answer by alphamom26 at 10:28 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Best day of my life!!!!! The recoop time was awful for me cause I was so over weight but my sister in law was up and at it the next day but I have to tell you it was all worth it and I would do it all over again in a minute. I had endametreosis and bladder had to be lifted also, so keep your head up you are fixing to feel better than you ever have
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 10:26 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• button, I feel good right now, but I have a cyst in my left ovary, although they tell me it is not a bad cyst, they will remove the ovaries since I do not need it anymore and the uterus although nothing wrong with it will have to be removed in order to lift up the bladder. I am just amazed how they can take all that out through such a small incision!! Thanks for your input!

Comment by older (original poster) at 10:30 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Thanks alpha! hope my recovery is good too because I can't have the luxury of too much down time, I take care of my 92 year old mom!

Comment by older (original poster) at 10:31 AM on Mar. 2, 2011