Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do i politely tell my neighbor i don't want my son hanging out over there?

My son is 3 and i don't like the way my neighbor talks to or treats his son. He will call him asshole etc. and he will hit him pretty hard, that is completely uncalled for.

For example yesterday we were out running bikes and his son got a cut on his face from running into a bush. His father kept screaming and him not to touch it, then went over and hit him HARD right on the cut where he was telling him not to touch it, because he was still touching it.

Opinions would be nice.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

Answers (9)
  • Call CPS. That's abuse and the child does not deserve to be treated like that.

    Not what you asked for, but that's my input anyway.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

  • I agree with anon call CPS that sounds like abuse to me.

    Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 10:28 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

  • He needs to be shot my opinion and heck no I would not let my child hang out over there, I agree with ^

    Answer by buttonlts at 10:28 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

  • There is no "nice" way to do it. I don't think I would want to have a relationship with them anyway. I would just say, I don't think your parenting style is appropriate for my son to see, and he will not be over.

    Answer by parajumper3 at 10:29 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

  • I would say to him that we are trying to raise our child to be respectful and kind to others, and we have noticed some things that we think might not be a positive example of those things to our child. I would say we also don't think he is setting a positive example for his own child, which is of greater concern because they are together all the time, whereas our son only comes to play. I would say we are willing to give you another chance, but if we see another example of this kind of behavior, then we will have to stop allowing our children to play together. I would say that we surely hope it won't become necessary to stop their playing because our son seems to greatly enjoy the company of your child. Then give him one more chance and see what happens. Maybe he just doesn't realize that the way he is dealing with his son is not the best way to do so. Some people just need a good example, so you can be that and save a boy!

    Answer by NannyB. at 10:29 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

  • I wouldn't feel the need to explain myself to him.

    Answer by riotgrrl at 10:39 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

  • I say no explanation needed. Don't let your son over there. Now does that mean you don't want his son over. I think it should be alright for his son to come over to play under your supervision only. Poor kid.

    Answer by Iluvmy5 at 10:44 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

  • I agree with Iluvmy5. I'd just refuse to have your child go over there... sounds like this kids needs a break sometimes from his home. Which is SOO SAD! so invite him over to play but don't let your son go over.
    You could totally call CPS... but I'm not sure what that would do to help. I mean they would investigate.. but most likely they wouldn't find much.. because unless there is evidence of the abuse... people can get away with EVERYTHING.

    Your choice.

    Answer by MyIslandGirls at 10:53 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

  • oh wow thats crazy... i would come rite out an say i dnt want him over there i dnt agree with some things u say an do so i just rather my child not to b around it. an if they dnt like wat u say id b like thats how i feel sorry if u dnt like it. an if u think hes being abusive to his own child then i would have someone look into it.....

    Answer by kelleyplus2 at 2:23 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.