My son is begging me to go!

My husband has to go to tennessee to check on our cabin and wants me to go with him, but i feel guilty because my son would have to stay behind due to school. We would only be gone for3 days. I have nevers left him but he said that he wanted me to go so that he could stay with his aunt and then go to his mimi's for the weekend. I just feel bad because we will have to take our 4 yr old and leave our 10 yr old. I have been debating on going but the closer the time came around i just didn't want to leave him. he assures me that he would be fine. I just don't like having to ask others to help and even though they say they don't mind, i feel like i am putting them out by asking. cannot decide what to do.

hollieshobbie

Asked by hollieshobbie at 10:27 AM on Mar. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• If he says he's fine and you trust the people he's staying with, then go on the trip and enjoy yourself as best as possible.
    prissysayshi

Answer by prissysayshi at 10:31 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• if he is ok with it then I wouldn't worry about just go and get done what needs to be done.  or you can always ask the school for his homework for that time and take him with you if it would make you feel better

Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:33 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• We have taken him with us before but he does not want to miss school, and they r doing ISAT testing next week so it is very important that he is at school this week for studying. I just worry about the what if's. What if something happens, what if he gets sick, what if he can't rest because he is not at home.
    hollieshobbie

Comment by hollieshobbie (original poster) at 10:41 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Its tough as a Mom. I am a worrier. Your son may just have a good time.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 10:51 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Man, I'd leave them both and go have a weekend away. It's good for you and it won't hurt the kids. Me and my husband went on a week long vacation to Maine leaving our 3 kids (then 4, almost 3 and 22 months) with my sil and mil. We had a nice relaxing weekend to ourselves and the kids had a blast playing with their cousins, eating way too much junk food and staying up as late as they wanted.
    I'd jump at a chance to go away with my husband now but it will never happen. We live on the other side of the country from anyone that could handle our kids and we now have 5 of them.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:12 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• He'll be fine, especially if he wants you to go!
    brandy0827

Answer by brandy0827 at 11:15 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• That is another thing that bothers me is that i will be taking 1 child and not the other. but i believe that is why my son wants us to go, so that he can have his other family to himself for a couple of days. I just don't want him to think that we wanted to be with the little 1 and not him.
    hollieshobbie

Comment by hollieshobbie (original poster) at 11:38 AM on Mar. 2, 2011