I found this awfully disturbing.

I was watching this show on fuse and they went out on the streets to find out what people in California were listening to. They went up to two women and asked them if they liked Katy Perry's version of California Girls or David Lee Roth's version. Neither one of them even knew who David Lee Roth was. It's sad that our musical society only associates themselves with wannabe artists that have no to little talent.

I'm deeply sorry for being rude, especially if you like popular music (not meaning to sound sarcastic if it comes across that way).

I'm not saying that my type of music is superior but I just feel it has a little more depth.

Are you in agreeance?

iluvmm09

Asked by iluvmm09 at 10:34 AM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Entertainment

• I dont know who david lee roth is but i dont listen to katy perry either i know who she is just dont like that kind of music. We only listen to gosple hymns.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 10:36 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Yeah because David Lee Roth is such a great musician.

Sarcasm off now.

But really, don't shit on other people's taste in music and not expect someone to dish it back to you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Actually- I think the Beach Boys version (the original version) was the best.

But I know what you mean.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 10:37 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• LOL I don't know the song and have not heard of Katy Perry. Altho I have heard the name David Lee Roth, I couldn't tell you what he sings. I am simply not into music. I think there are other ways to spend my time.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 10:39 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I don't really care honestly......You can tell me my music is shitty (my music being the Black Keys, The Beatles, Cage the Elephant, Passion Pit, MGMT, etc.). Not like you'd know any of that anyway.
    iluvmm09

Comment by iluvmm09 (original poster) at 10:39 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I agree that I prefer a good singer-songwriter to most "pop" stars. But I must put in a word for KAty Perry that although she did do A cover, most of her music she has written herself and she does have a talented singing voice.
    But yes I grew up listening to all kinds of things and I often don't even know a lot of the newer artists. I love everything from classical, to swing, to folk to rock to metal to hip-hop and country.
    I think good music can be found anywhere - as can bad :)
    NHRachel

Answer by NHRachel at 10:39 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• disturbing..not so much
    it is generational
    some of us know how to look deeper into music than the most popular song on the radio
    disturbing would be what is going on in the middle east
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• it's not sad that they don't know who he is, they were probally a whole lot younger than you (or me for that matter) and have never heard of him
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:42 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I miss some of the older music myself. And yes I prefer the beach boys.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 10:43 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I'm only 19 josiesmommy00. I wasn't born in the 80s and yet I still know who he is and things even later than him. I personally do like the Beach Boys version because I don't usually like remakes but I love DLR so I like his version as well.
    iluvmm09

Comment by iluvmm09 (original poster) at 10:44 AM on Mar. 2, 2011