DD b-day party questions

So my DD will be 9 YEARS OLD on the 20th of this month!!! Her spring break starts on the 11th (early dismissal) and they go back on the 21st. She's going to her dads in Austin from the 12th and coming back on the 21st (missing that first day back so she can have the entire bday day with her dad).

My questions are: would it be better to have her bday on the 26th, the weekend right after they get back, or the following weekend, April 2nd? When should I send the invitations? I'm worried that if the party's on the 26th and I send them out Monday, it won't be enough notice, OR if I send them BEFORE SB, people will forget. (And, of course, RSVP seems to be a dying concept these days.)

What are your opinions?

brandy0827

Asked by brandy0827 at 10:39 AM on Mar. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• Does your daughter have a preference? I do err on the side of more notice - especially in the spring as activities start to ramp up. Trying to juggle spring sporting schedules, family trips, etc gets nuts in our house! :-/

Can you send them before SB and then send a follow-up notice or calls or something? Do you invite the class or just specific friends?

ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 10:51 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• OH! Btw, happy birthday to your DD!! :) My oldest will turn 9 in June. It seems surreal doesn't it?! Their last year in single digits! What?!
    ldmrmom

• I always send out invitations 2 weeks prior to the event. Then it's not too early and people forget but it's long enough for people to clear their schedules.
    AequitasVeritas

Answer by AequitasVeritas at 10:57 AM on Mar. 2, 2011