How long do you...

keep unresponsive FB Friends on your Friends list before giving up and deleting them?

Tried and tried, little to no response. Even empty promises to keep up with me. I'm not a friend hoarder and although its good to see they are alive and well, they clearly don't have time to even say hello to me, so should I drop em or just let em stay there?

Its too bad too because I spent years trying to catch up with a few of them.

They aren't hurting anything, on the other hand they aren't helping either. The whole point of FB is to be social. :)

Oh I'm not trying to get back at them. Basically they are strangers I once knew as friends at this point tho. Why have someone on that doesn't contribute to my experience there. Its not about "showing them" or anything dumb like that.

Thanks

edit: I guess it depends on your purpose. If you wanna be social and they don't then its not gonna work. I don't see why (personally) someone would join a social network site, add people & then not be social. Whats the point?  I don't wanna just see their pics or play video games. I wanna be social and chat and catch up. Thats my purpose anyways

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Just for Fun

• We only have close friends and family on our facebook. If you don't care if they're on your friends list or not, I say delete them.
    prettyinink2011

Answer by prettyinink2011 at 10:45 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I Let them stay there. Some people NEVER check facebook & when they do, they are bombarded with comments & messages.

This is why m DH got rid of facebook. He would check his like twice a month & when he did, he had all these annoying messages like "why won't you write me back". Just because someone is on facebook, does not mean they want to chat & email people on there all the time. Some people just get on, take a look & log off. DH was so bothered by people pestering him to contact them, that he just canceled his account. He says if they want to talk to him so bad, why haven't they picked up the phone?

Anyhow, that is why i keep all my friends. I know some of them have a facebook account, but could really care less about checking it. Being social is not the whole point of facebook. Some like it just to see pics or to see what friends/family are up to & rarely check it.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:47 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• You get a month tops with me then I delete you.
    prissysayshi

Answer by prissysayshi at 10:46 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Didn't you already ask this.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:26 AM on Mar. 2, 2011