How long do your sons' shoes last????? What brand do you buy?

My 9 year old is going through shoes and jeans like water. We just bought these Vans in early January of this year!!! Look at them!

Orionsgirl

Asked by Orionsgirl at 10:48 AM on Mar. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• Looks like you've got a pretty active kid - that's awesoeme!
    I can proudly say that I don't think my son has ever worn through a pair of shoes... and he hasn't even grown out of any in awhlie.. at least not that resulted in having to buy new ones. He's always getting hand-me-downs, and he has family members that buy him shoes everytime they buy him a new outfit (for Christmas and his birthday). He's got so many that they don't even get a chance to wear out.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 10:52 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I'm right their with you, I just bought my sons shoes and they look like that. If they skateboard its hard on their shoes. Mine skate a lot and thats what the bottom of their shoes look like,and they dont tie their shoes up right so their laces end of looking awefula nd need to be replaced. I wish I could pay more money out for shoes I dont know if they would last longer but one day I will try.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 10:53 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I can't keep up with my son's shoes. He's 8 (will be 9 in June.) He tends to be hard on them and he does only use the one pair of sneakers. My DD is a true girl with a zillion pairs of shoes. LOL! My son? He's got the one. He wears them daily and it shows. The pair we got him in September we had to replace by January. I've not looked closely at those yet because I'm afraid to.

We buy him whatever strikes his fancy and flatters are wallet at the time. Right now he's on a Sketchers kick and good sales at their outlet makes them a happy purchase. Last time he had Nike sneakers my parents bought him (even happier on my wallet!!) They all wear out the same on me.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 10:54 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Wow, 2 months ago? My ds at that age went through 2 sizes in the year. I try to buy good quality shoes. If I buy cheap they smell. I did by dd stride right in the beginning of the year and the whole bottom fell off by January. Looks like you have a very active boy on your hands. LOL
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 10:54 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• my son is only 2 right now and he loves shoes but they only last so long he grows so fast but i keep them clean for him but once he hits 9 or even 5 for that matter i'm sure they will only last a week.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 10:55 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I've only been buying my boys Sketchers and they seem to hold up around 4-6 months depending on the kid. My 9 year old is a lot harder on his shoes than the 6 year old and always has been.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:14 AM on Mar. 2, 2011