How do you feel about wigs?

I have very thin hair that shows scalp through and is very difficult to style. I like wearing wigs to fix that problem. I see women at wig shops that I know are wearing wigs and I can't tell. They wear them fiercely and I would never have questioned if there hair was real outside of the setting. But when I wear one I am always a little self conscience that someone would think it's "weird." I am otherwise a very confident person.

Do YOU think it's unusual?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• no,not at all. Its all about making you feel confident and beautiful,and if it does,then thats good. The new wigs are hard to pick out from natural hair.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:02 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• So many people wear wigs, extensions, weave, you name it, so I don't think it's weird and I doubt anyone would notice..You should get one and wear it with confidence!
    prettyinink2011

Answer by prettyinink2011 at 11:03 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I'm getting thin and balding in spots so have just starting buying wigs. Actually wearing them is another thing. They look nice but I feel odd in them. I finally found one that looks like the style I might really wear my hair but it's tight on my head! The other ones are tight as well. I just ordered a larger size hoping that will help. Now with summer coming on I have to worry they will be too hot. We'll see. My sister bought me a nice one locally and I have purchased a few online at paulayoung.com. They seem to have a good quality wig and good sales.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:04 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• yes, I would wear one, you can never tell who is wearing real hair anymore. I tell everyone if I paid for it it is my hair
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 11:36 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I think theyre great! I have thick & long hair & still would love to use them sometimes.
    Mblessesd4x

Answer by Mblessesd4x at 5:10 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• not at all unusual. i know lots of women in wigs.. and no one should judge you.. look how many wear extensions now as well!
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:56 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• admckenzie: in most wig places you can buy one specificially fitted to your head, you don't have to purchase a pre set sized one
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:57 PM on Mar. 2, 2011