Things to do before the baby comes

I'm 32 weeks pregnant now. Baby's due at the end of April, and while 8 weeks is a long time...my first son was born at 36wks, and I want to be prepared this time in case DS#2 comes early too. He's scheduled to be born in the morning on April 25th by c-section, let's hope he goes that long :D

But in the mean-time, I'm looking for things I should do ahead of time to make postpartum life a little easier.

What are some easy to make meals that freeze well? I'm not an expert chef so simple recipes are preferred.

Meals aside, what are some other things I can do ahead of time to make things easier afterwards? I had an emergency c-section with my DS 3.5 years ago, and we were in the process of moving into our apartment when the doctors decided my blood pressure was too high and he was coming a whole month early. With the c-section, and the move, and my husband working nights at a new job, everything was very difficult. I don't really know what I could've done differently, because everything was so out of my control.

Any and all suggestions welcome!

BisketLiss

Asked by BisketLiss at 11:03 AM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Soups, stews, stir fry's, italian type pasta dishes, and meats freeze well. You can make like pulled pork, shredded chicken, browned ground beef and keep those around to use in a cinch like if you want tacos or sandwiches or something.

I'm about to have my 3rd c-section and I've been racking my brain how to make my post partum life easier as well. I think it will be easier for you this time around, moving and stuff is stressful enough even when you're not pregnant or just had a baby. Good luck =)
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:28 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Thanks! Yeah, one thing I figured I definitely want this time around is a pack n'play with a bassinet. With my first, we just had a pack n'play, and the crib, and neither were very easy to get a baby in and out of while recovering from surgery. I couldn't bend over the crib to lift the baby out, and the pack'n play was harder.
    BisketLiss

Comment by BisketLiss (original poster) at 11:41 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Make sure your husband helps a lot. That's how my #2 was easier to recover.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:06 PM on Mar. 2, 2011