I have my first OB visit tomorrow with the Doctor, what should I expect?

Should I shave? Should I expect him to look at my breasts? Is it going to take forever? What do they do? Should I expect blood tests?

I am a nurse and I don't even know....never worked in an OB clinic.

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 8:05 PM on Jul. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• If you are due for your Annual (pap and breast exam) then you will have that done. Also you usually get a pelvic exam to make sure your uterus feels like the size it should be. Hope that helps ya.

I am a nurse at OBGYN :)

Kristi
    http://www.partiesbykristi.com
    kristilandis

Answer by kristilandis at 8:25 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I'm trying to remember lol... I think I had a pap and a breast exam.... plus a large family history and lots of questions/paperwork... plus then I was sent to the hospital for blood work.... of course, weight, blood pressure check.... I had an ultrasound a few days later also, don't know if that was just because I'd had previous miscarriages though....
    dance_chica

Answer by dance_chica at 8:07 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I had a pap, because I hadn't in awhile, then I had an internal ultrasound, so they could see when the egg was and we saw the heart beat. I was 8weeks though. I had already had a blood test to confirm pregnancy. It is really an no biggie appointment. They didn't "Look" really well at anything. They really just let me ask questions.
    Simonsmama

Answer by Simonsmama at 8:23 PM on Jul. 8, 2008