2yr old schedule

I'm a sahm looking for a good schedule to put my son on.He's just all over the place. He's napping now. I can't get him to wake early or be in bed@8. IDK what to do as far activity wise. can anyone give me ideas for a day beginning@7:30am and bath time @7:30pm. For ex. 7:30-wake up/bath time. 7:55 breakfast. and of course I know snacktime@10am&lunch@12pm but thats all I have so far.

JewelandJoseph

Asked by JewelandJoseph at 8:59 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• put him to bed after he eats lunch that way he is full. then when he wake up take him outside for a little while or doing something with him that will take away some of his energy. then let him do what he wants for a couple hours and feed him dinner around 5-6pm and spend more time playing with him. then at 7 give him a bath read him a story and put him to bed.
    Anonymous

• Heres one you could try:
    7:30- wake up, breakfast, play inside with books or blocks
    10:00- snack time, play outside, run around or play ball
    12:00- lunch, naptime
    2:00 or 3:00 (depending on how long your little one naps) activity inside or go to library or park
    5:30- dinner, relax watch tv or movie
    7:00- bath time!
    8:00- read for 10-15 minutes then bedtime :)
    ELC

Answer by ELC at 10:30 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Yes they both have good idea for schedules. The only thing I would add is, if your 2 year old isn't into you reading to them, I found it MUCH easier, if I read him a book in which he already knew who the charcters in it were. ex: Thomas the train books. My son now ask me to read all the time to him. Its great!
    Momof1littleboy

Answer by Momof1littleboy at 10:48 PM on Nov. 20, 2008