Is diarrhea a sign of labor?

Like if you have diarrhea all day could that be a sign that your going to go into labor soon?

Ashley162

Asked by Ashley162 at 8:59 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Have you been constipated for any amount of time?
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 8:59 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• It can be, yes. There is so little room down there for the baby to squeeze through so the body clears out as much as it can to make as much room as it can. Even a millimeter or two helps.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 9:08 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• yes because i had that
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 9:22 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• With my first I thought I was sick in the stomach from a milkshake I had earlier that night. I woke up in bed and spent a lot of time on the pot. I wasn't sick in the tummy, my stomach pains got worse as the night went on. I finially figured out I was in labor. You can get diarrhea proir to labor or as a sign. Really depends on your body, everyone is different, every pregnancy is different.
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 10:37 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Yes, but not the most reliable one. It could definitely just be something you ate!

If you DO go into labor soon, though, be thankful for the diarrhea: you'll be less likely to poop on the table! I don't care how normal it is, it's ucky! I wish my husband hadn't see that, lol!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 11:13 PM on Nov. 20, 2008