Would you leave your kids for a three day excursion...?

I have two, a five year old and eighteen month old and the baby sitter would be MIL.Its with our youth group girls and the lady who is in charge of the whole thing who is my good friend invited me to go along and I was like yeah sure because last year she invited me and I had a total blast but now this time after I gave her my answer I got thinking about it and thinking maybe its being immature of me running off like that and leaving my kids for that long.So would you do something like that,leave your kids for three days?

Ananomys

Asked by Ananomys at 11:13 AM on Mar. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yes! I have and I will do it again, its good for you to get away occasionally, its not like you do it all the time. They are with grandparents which is a great way for them to bond.

Go and enjoy yourself and get refreshed, you'll come back with more energy and patience with your kids :)
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 11:24 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• HECK YES. I have quit a few times. It's good for hub and I and a blast for the kids.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:24 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Um "Quite" not "quit" lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:26 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I would go too, a break is nice once an awhile. My husband are trying to plan a week's vacation (with out the kids)
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 11:32 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I think you're leaving your children with a trusted adult and you're doing something you enjoy - go for it!

DH I went away for 2 nights - 3 days for our 10th anniversary, about 4 years ago. The kids were almost 5 and 2 1/2 at the time. They had a blast with my parents and we had a nice time as a couple reconnecting. I go away once a year for two nights/3 days with my mom while the kids stay with DH. We all benefit from it. I come back much more relaxed and ready to hit the ground running again and they have a great time being spoiled rotten out of mom's slightly stricter than Dad (and MUCH more stricter than grandparents!) eye. LOL!
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 12:01 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• yeah! we left our girls with the mil for a week while me and hubby went on a vacation, my kids get excited when they know mommy and daddy are going away for a few days, i think just as much as i need a break from them they need a break from me. they are always so excited when we get back (or they get back if they are visiting).
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 12:06 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I say if your MIL is willing to watch them for the kids for that long then go for it. Sometimes moms need a break from their kids for a little bit, its good for the kids and good for you too.
    Mom0413

Answer by Mom0413 at 12:11 PM on Mar. 2, 2011