Am I crazy? Any other pregnant moms getting panick attacks about their labor??

Ok, so this is my second time around. I am an extra paranoid person to begin with. My first labor went very well. It was 12 & 1/2 hours and I did it without any pain meds or epidural.... baby was out in four pushes. It was extremely painful but everything went well. Baby healthy etc... I'm six months pregnant with number two and I wake in the middle of the night with terrible panick/anxiety attacks about the labor/delivery of the next baby. I'm so afraid something will happen and I might die and wont be able to see my babies grow up and I will leave my husband with two children. Then I increase my anxiety by thinking "what if I'm feeling this way because I'm sensing something is going to happen." This is so rediculous and stressful. Anyone else having or have had these kinds of fears/feelings. Am I really crazy? I'm exhuasted!

hollysybb

Asked by hollysybb at 11:20 AM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I did with both pregnancies. With my first because I didn't know what to expect with labor, with my second it was because I DID know what to expect lol. With my second pregnancy I was more worried about post labor pains because I couldn't walk well for a couple of weeks after my sons birth.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:22 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• You sound like you've got anxiety mama and you should really bring that up with your doctor because it's no good for you to be feeling that way. Sorry you have to be going through it when you're pregnant, I hope you can get some help to curb those thoughts.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:35 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• My sister is afraid to get pregnant again out of the fear of delivery. For me, I look forward to it. I hate being pregnant so much that labor and delivery is like a relief...when I leave the hospital, I won't be pregnant anymore! lol!

Just try to remember how much doctors can do to help you and your LO if anything happened. I know it is a personal experience to every woman when it happens, but it might calm you to think of it as a natural process that has happened with or without our awesome medical advancements since the dawn of time.

Good luck mama!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 3:42 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• It's scary stuff! You're not crazy.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:04 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• You've been socialized to think that childbirth is a horribly dangerous time. It's not. It's a variation of normal in the life a woman. Birth is normal, mama. Don't stress yourself out. My friend did have a panic attack right after birth, but she had PPD with her previous baby and with the one she'd just given birth, too. If you have having panic attacks, be aware that you could have PPD, too.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 11:06 PM on Mar. 2, 2011